Fall Convocation for BMSc and Neuroscience is October 24, 2018
The window to apply to graduate at Fall Convocation is open from early July to September 8th. Students will apply to graduate through the Student Centre. Make sure your program/plan is correct before you apply!
Each BMSc and Neuroscience graduate will receive 4 tickets for their guests. The Convocation ceremony begins at 10:00 but students and guests must arrive earlier - details about Convocation (extra tickets, parking, flowers, etc.) can be found on the Convocation website.
Spring Convocation for BMSc and Neuroscience students is held in June, usually on the Thursday morning during the first week of convocation ceremonies. Each BMSc and Neuroscience graduate will receive 4 tickets for their guests. Students can request extra tickets through the online portal on the Convocation website. The Convocation ceremony begins at 10:00 but students and guests must arrive earlier - details about Convocation can be found on the Convocation website.
The deadline to apply to graduate at Spring Convocation is April 30th. Beginning February 2nd, go to Student Centre to apply to graduate.
Feature Article: Celebrating the BMSc Class of 2018 with Cameron Patterson
BMSUE Awards Ceremony
Western Gold Medals and Named Awards are presented at the BMSUE Awards Ceremony, which is held in the afternoon on the day of Spring Convocation. Only students graduating at Spring Convocation are considered for these graduating awards.
BMSUE 2018 Awards Ceremony Photo Gallery
Each year the BMSUE office coordinates the production of the graduate composites for students in the different Honors Specialization (HSP) modules offered by the basic medical science departments (both BMSc and BSc), BMSc Honors Double Majors and the HSP in Neuroscience.
Photos are taken by Lifetouch Photography at UCC. A graduate photo sitting costs $30 and includes 8-10 proofs in regalia, 2-3 poses in casual attire and a 11x14" class composite. If you would like to be included on the composite you need to indicate this to Lifetouch at the time of your sitting by giving them the composite code number assigned to your module (see below). Lifetouch has a list of BMSc and Neuroscience students so they should know where you belong. No additional purchase (besides the sitting fee) is required to be included in the composite.
Many of our modules only have 10-20 students so the idea of the composite should be promoted within your module as it is always nice to have a fair representation of your peers in your composite. Lifetouch has indicated that they will not produce a composite if representation is poor. To be included in a composite, your graduation photo must be taken before Spring break in February 2019. It may seem like a long way off, but I suggest that you act soon as there are 4000 other students graduating next spring who may also like a graduation photo.
The Lifetouch website and access to the online booking process can be found at: http://www.lifetouch.ca/western
Lifetouch has reserved the week of November 5th - 9th for BMSc and Neuroscience students but you can book a date outside of this week if you are not available.
Honors Specialization in Medical Biophysics (Physical, Clinical Physics, Biological and Medical Sciences conc.) - 945
Honors Specialization in Interdisciplinary Medical Sciences - 993
Honors Specialization in Epidemiology and Biostatistics - 992
Honors Specialization in Pathology - 895
Honors Specialization in Microbiology & Immunology - 768
Honors Specialization in Microbiology & Immunology with Pathology - 768
All Honors Specialization modules offered by the Department of Biochemistry (including Biochemistry, Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Chemistry, Biochemistry of Infection and Immunity, Biochemistry and Pathology of Human Disease, Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, Computational Biochemistry, Chemical Biology) - 939
Honors Specialization in Medical Cell Biology - 946
Honors Double Majors - 925
Honors Specialization in Physiology - 897
Honors Specialization in Pharmacology - 897
Honors Specialization in Physiology & Pharmacology – 897
Honors Specialization in Neuroscience - 984
- The Department of Physiology & Pharmacology has requested that all HSP students be on one composite.
- The Department of Biochemistry has requested that all HSP modules in both BSc and BMSc degrees be included on one composite.
- The Department of Medical Biophysics has requested that all HSP modules in both BSc and BMSc degrees be included on one composite.
- Enrolment in the Honors Specialization in One Health and the Honors Specialization in Medical Health Informatics is too low this year for a composite.
- Composites will be ready for proofing for correct name, placement and photo in March 2019. An email will be sent out asking you to review your composite, which will be posted outside of MSB 138.
- Composites will be ready for pickup from the departmental main offices in mid April 2019. You will receive an email when the composites arrive.
- Students in the Combined HBA/BMSc must have two photos (two different hoods) taken and will be included in both the HBA and the BMSc - Honors Specialization Interdisciplinary Medical Sciences graduate composite.