Our aspiration to attain greater national and global prominence hinges on enhancing our research success. While Schulich Medicine & Dentistry’s research profile has remained steady, comparable Canadian institutions have seemed to capture an increasing share of funding opportunities and reputation. Across the School, there is a strong collective energy to reverse this trend.
We need to reaffirm our commitment to be a top-tier research-intensive organization and elevate our prominence in an increasingly competitive and global environment. Raising our research impact will mean doing things differently.
- Embed a culture of research in all our education programs.
- Recruit, enable, and retain research-intensive faculty.
- Promote and support bench-to-bedside translational research.
- Identify and support existing and emerging areas of strength to drive our research prominence.
- Establish clear foci for programs, centres, and institutes.
- (Re) invest in core facilities.
- Launch an initiative to accelerate the design and conduct of clinical trials.
- Facilitate interdepartmental, interdisciplinary, interfaculty, and interinstitutional collaboration that emphasizes the importance of team-based research.
- Create investigator-centred operational processes.
- Support effective communication and dissemination of research activities.