Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry
Dental Sciences Building, Room 1003
London, Ontario N6A 5C1
t. 519.685.8500, ext. 32110
Times to Completion
18 terms (6 years)
- Graduate of a CDAC Accredited Dental School (In Canada or the U.S.)
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Eligible for licensure in dentistry in the province of Ontario
- NDEB certification
Applicants are required to submit a completed application package, which includes the following:
- Completed application form
- University transcripts (Dental school only)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of reference
- Personal statement/letter of intention (150 words or less)
- Application fee of $75 by certified cheque payable to the University of Western Ontario
- The Candidates will be selected for interviews on the basis of:
- GPA of 3.75 or above, or standing in top 10% of dental school class
- Evaluation of references.
- Evaluation of personal letter of intent (150 words or less).
- Evaluation of CV
- Notification of interviews for Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery will be held the last two weeks of October and the first two weeks of November. Both the applicants and programs will notify the match system of their sequence of choices by November 22. The Applicants will be notified by the programs on November 26 and require a commitment, in writing to accept or refuse the offer within 72 hours.
- Acceptance of a candidate will include acceptance into the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program, Medical School (starting in the second year of the OMFS program) and acceptance into Graduate Studies. Acceptance into the residency, Medical School and Graduate Studies are not separate processes.
- The successful candidate will be required to begin an orientation program beginning the second last week of June.