Anatomy & Cell Biology
|Clinical (MSc)||Research (MSc)||PhD|
|Times to completion||
Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry
Medical Sciences, Rm. 443
London, Ontario, Canada
t. 519.661.2111, ext. 81524
- Full-time study
- Course-based, project-based
Applicants (domestic and international) are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 92 for the internet version with no individual score below 20. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 7 out of 9.
- February 1 - Fall Term
- June 1 (pending spots remaining) - Fall Term
- March 1 - *Summer Term
- October 15 - *Winter Term
*Positions are not always available for summer/winter terms. Acceptance notifications for the fall term begin in March and continue until July 31st.
Students are not required to have a supervisor identified to apply to the MSc or PhD programs; if a student’s application is approved by the Anatomy & Cell Biology Graduate Affairs Committee, matching with a supervisor will be the next step and is required for final acceptance. However, we strongly encourage students to directly contact faculty members as potential supervisors to learn more about their research and identify a potential fit.
Fields of Research
- Cell Biology
- Clinical Anatomy
- Education Scholarship
Anatomy & Cell Biology offers a competitive stipend for all students enrolled in the graduate program. Please see their program page for more information about funding levels.