As part of The Working Group for Guidance on Human Challenge Studies, Dr. Charles Weijer along with 13 other international experts were tasked with developing guidance for the World Health Organization on the ethical permissibility of purposefully infecting informed and willing healthy volunteers with COVID-19 in order to test a vaccine.
- Award: Dental student receives inaugural national scholarship
- Funding: Rapid Research Fund backs Western-led ideas
- Feature: Prototype uses firefighter’s mask to increase capacity of ventilators in hospitals
- Funding: University investment pushes pandemic research forward
- Media Release: COVID-19 disruption will likely lead to 28 million surgeries being cancelled worldwide
- In Memoriam: Dr. Douglas Bocking