Stephen Barr, PhD, and his team are studying the origins of a gene that first emerged in marine life hundreds of millions of years ago. This gene gives rise to an anti-viral protein that has the potential to block HIV and is providing insight into both how the viruses and the immune system has evolved.
- Feature Article: Discovery Week brings medical students to Southwestern Ontario communities
- Dr. Tarek Loubani Update
- Award: Dr. Clive Friedman nationally recognized for contributions to dental care
- Feature Article: Celebrating the Medicine Class of 2018 with Emma Ali
- Award: Gilles Lajoie recognized for remarkable achievements in biological science
- Announcement: Shawn Li renewed as Canada Research Chair