Dr. Ian Herrick, MD, MPA, FRCPC
Director of Quality Assurance Committee
The Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine Quality Committee complements the key role of the individual practitioner in delivering safe, high quality care with the following mandate:
- Assist the Chief/Chair and Site Chiefs with monitoring and promoting high quality anesthesia care.
- Selectively monitor and/or respond to opportunities to enhance the quality and safety of care.
- Provide a forum for the post hoc systematic review of critical incidents and events impacting of anesthesia care.
- Support education by encouraging the engagement of department members and trainees in projects to assess and enhance quality care.
- Support research activities aligned with the objectives of the departmental quality framework and relevant to the quality or safety of anesthesia care.
This year, the Quality Committee welcomed Lee-Anne Fochesato to the position of Coordinator. Lee-Anne`s position includes support for Research, Quality and Continuing Education.
The Quality Committee also welcomed Dr. Aiswarya Chandran Pillai who provided data analysis support.
- Dr. Jonathan Brookes
- Dr. Geoff Bellingham
- Dr. Aiswarya Chandran Pillai
- Ms. Lee-Anne Fochesato
- Dr. Ian Herrick (Chair)
- Dr. Ekta Khemani
- Dr. Ronit Lavi
- Ms. Brenda Maxwell
- Ms. Lori O'Brien
- Dr. Bethany Oeming
- Dr. Raju Poolacherla
- Dr. Nicole Quigley
- Dr. Craig Railton
- Dr. Indu Singh
- Dr. Magda Terlecki