CAS holds essay competition for Medical Students
To increase Undergraduate Medical Students’ awareness of the specialty of Anesthesiology and the role of Anesthesiologists’ in modern health care.
Write an essay of 1000 – 1500 words, from the topics listed below. To be submitted in electronic format (Word; not PDF), to your local Anesthesiology Coordinator (see below), via email
Please include your name, university and email address.
Deadline for Submission: Friday, Feb 26, 2016.
- The Anesthesiologists’ role in the modern medical school curriculum.
- Anesthesiologists’ as leaders in patient safety.
- Criteria for admission to medical school.
- The contribution of Anesthesiology to research in medicine.
- The use of the anesthesia simulator for Anesthesiology teaching: “Is it a good thing?”
- The Anesthesiologist as the perioperative physician.
- A topic related to the history of Canadian Anesthesiology.
- Professionalism in medicine.
- Anesthesiology’s contribution to Pain Management.
- Other topics that are suitable, to be cleared by your local Undergraduate Education Supervisor:
Undergraduate Education Program Coordinator:
Please forward your essay to Charlotte Sikatori, Department of Anesthesia at Western University on or before Feb 19, 2016
Phone#: ext 758 1 3 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Prize: $1,000 and an invitation to the CAS Annual Meeting in Vancouver (June 24-27, 2016), where your prize will be presented. (+ up to $1K travel stipend)
- 2nd Prize: $500
- 3rd Prize: $250
All Three Prize Winners will receive complimentary CAS 2016 Membership
1st prize essay to be published in ANESTHESIA NEWS, the newsletter of the Canadian Anesthesiologists’ Society
Learn more about our Undergraduate Program