The Ivey Eye Institute is located in London, Ontario, Canada and is the main referral centre for eye disease in Western Ontario. We are committed to excellence in patient care, education and research. Our conference facilities, library collection, orthoptic service and diagnostic service provide a sound foundation for the Institute's excellent reputation in all of its activities.
The Institute encompasses the previous services of the Ivey Institute of Ophthalmology, the University Campus Eye Clinic of the London Health Sciences Centre and the St. Joseph's Hospital Eye Clinic. The Ivey Eye Institute is affiliated with Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University.
What We Do
- We provide quality medical and surgical eye care for our community and region.
- We train future eye care practitioners.
- We share our knowledge and understanding with our patients, students, and colleagues.
- We carry out research to advance the state of the art of eye disorders and disease management.
What We Will Be
- A respected source of excellent diagnostic, medical and surgical eye care, ophthalmic teaching and research.
- Our services will be guided by the people we serve through close working alliances in the community and across the continuum of eye care.
- Provision of services from prevention through screening and visual rehabilitation will assist individuals to preserve or regain their eye sight.
Who We Serve
- Patients come to the Ivey Eye Institute from as far east as the Niagara region, north to Sault Ste Marie and south to Essex County.
- Referrals from around the world have been treated at the Ivey Eye Institute.