General Practice Residents (GPR)
Schulich Dentistry extends a warm welcome to our new General Practice Residents (GPR). The Western University GPR is designed to provide experience in all phases of inpatient and ambulatory dental care in a hospital setting. In order to provide a broad educational and clinical experience, each resident spends three months at each of the three affiliated teaching hospitals. The resident also spends three months on an off service rotation to gain educational experience in Anaesthesiology, Otolaryngology, General Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Oral Maxillofacial Pathology & Sioux Lookout.
Five residents have been selected each year:
- Dr. David Charrette from University College Cork, Ireland
- Dr. Michael Tran from the University of Western Ontario
- Dr. Jason Tupper from University College Cork, Ireland
- Dr. Jason Wong from the University of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Nader Shaker from the University of Manitoba