Strategic Planning: Join the ConversationWe are ready to begin the first chapter of our strategic planning process. One of the first engagement activities is to obtain ideas from faculty, staff and students through facilitated focus groups. These focus groups will raise five key questions:
- What are Schulich Dentistry’s greatest assets and opportunities?
- What is your vision for Dentistry for 2020 and beyond?
- Going forward, what outcomes do we need to achieve for the students and other stakeholders we serve?
- What strategic processes do we need to excel at in order to produce these outcomes?
- Given that we need to excel in these areas, what type of culture, people (skills, capacity, etc.), technology and infrastructure is required?
Focus Group Details
Format: Our consultant, Anne Becker will lead the discussions by asking participants these questions and recording/summarizing your responses on flipcharts. Anne will ensure the discussion is focused at a strategic level and captures the ideas and input of all participants. After each focus group, Anne will summarize the findings and then compile them into one larger report that will feed into the Strategic Plan.
Environment: The focus group setting is a safe, confidential and respectful environment. We encourage you to express your thoughts and ideas openly and thoughtfully. There are no ‘right or wrong’ answers; only perspectives, ideas, hopes, concerns, etc.
Time Commitment: Each focus group will last approximately 1.5 hours.
Scheduling: The maximum number of participants per focus group is 20 and participation for each focus group is on a first-come, first-involved basis. The focus group schedule is as follows:
Sign-Up Process: Once you have confirmed what focus group you would like to participate in, please e-mail Natalie Brown at email@example.com and your name will be added to the Participant List. If groups are full, we will advise you and you can then sign up for another focus group.
We encourage everyone to participate in this valuable process. We want your ideas and input and we are confident your involvement will significantly enrich Dentistry’s Strategic Plan, our roadmap for the coming years.
If you have any questions, please let us know.