Internal research funding opportunities sponsored by Schulich Medicine & Dentistry
Collaborative Research Seed Grants
The Collaborative Research Seed Grants (CRSG) program provides seed funding for the formation and development of new interdisciplinary collaborative research teams. The intent is to:
(1) promote new collaborations that build on different scientific and scholarly backgrounds;
(2) facilitate breakthroughs in solving research questions in a collaborative manner; and
(3) position Schulich researchers to successfully respond to funding opportunities from Tri-Council or other external funding agencies.
CRSG will support (i) basic and clinical researchers forming new collaborations; or (ii) faculty members from different disciplines/departments working together in a new area of research or approaching a problem in an innovative way. The program is designed to help increase Schulich’s competitiveness in research involving innovative approaches and to build our portfolio of translational research projects.
Deadline: TBDGuidelines Application Form
Schulich Equipment AID (Advancement, Improvement, Development)
The Schulich Equipment AID (Advancement, Improvement, Development) Grant will provide Schulich faculty with a mechanism to acquire, develop or improve equipment directly used for research that they cannot obtain through other funding channels. This program aims to also catalyze collaborative research for Schulich Medicine & Dentistry across many disciplines.
The fixed, capital asset may be non-disposable equipment, equipment enhancement attachments, or fabricated equipment. Proposals requesting equipment acquisitions that exceed $25,000 must be able to demonstrate a multi-investigator utilization.
Faculty Support for Research in Education (FSRE)
Faculty Support for Research in Education (FSRE) grants are intended to facilitate and enable scholarship in education at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. These grants are intended to support full-scale education research projects and pilot projects where there is a plan to collect preliminary data in preparation for a larger upcoming application to an external funding agency. Proposals may involve quantitative and/or qualitative approaches. Proposals for scoping reviews and meta-analyses that are eligible for scientific publication may also be submitted.
Internal funding opportunities sponsored by Research Western include:
- Western Strategic Support for CIHR Success
- Western Strategic Support for NSERC Success
- Western Strategic Support for SSHRC Success
- Western Strategic Support for Research Accelerator Success
- Western Innovation Fund (WIF)
See the Research Western website for information on internal funding available through Research Western.
Academic Medical Organization of Southwestern Ontario (AMOSO)
AMOSO, the London Governance Organization that oversees the London Academic Health Science Centre (AHSC) Alternate Funding Plan (AFP) for Clinical Academic Physicians, has over $2 million available annually to allocate through its two locally peer reviewed Research Funding Competitions:
- The AMOSO Opportunities Fund is held twice annually, deadlines April 15th and September 30th. This Fund currently targets new recruits (first five years) and new roles. Awards provide for physician compensation for an approved research project 1-3 years in length.
- The AHSC AFP Provincial Innovation Fund is held annually, the local deadline is October 31st. This fund targets 1-2 year projects that could result in Clinical Innovation and that could be both translatable and scalable across the Province. Projects selected locally are submitted to the Province for final approval before the end of March each year. Physician compensation is, in general, not funded through this competition.