Featured Student - Matthew Magyar-Ng
Matthew Magyar-Ng, a Medical Sciences 2 student, had the opportuntity to complete a 16-week research program at the Stephenson Cardiac Imaging Centre in Calgary this past summer.
Matthew provided a list of the more significant outcomes from his studentship
- Designed a Machine Learning Algorithm to quantify the amount of scar tissue post-myocardial infarction from non-invasive imaging techniques. Possibly providing an alternative method for patients who cannot be treated with current methods.
- Presented my project at the Stephenson Annual Research Retreat hosted by the Cumming School of Medicine at the University of Calgary
- Project gained recognition from the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta. Resulting in a feature profile that mentions the BMSc program at Western https://libin.ucalgary.ca/node/2462
- Authored an abstract currently under review by Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) for inclusion in CMR 2018 conference http://cmr2018.org/
- My supervisor is current working on our full manuscript
- A feature in the fall issue of uCalgary Medicine Magazine is under review as well.
Congratulations, Matthew, on your accomplishments!