Dr. Sapna Sharan
Sapna Sharan M.D.
Ivey Eye Institute
St. Joseph's Hospital
268 Grosvenor Street
London, Ontario N6A 4V2
Phone: 519.646.6100 ext. 58795
Specialty: Pediatric Ophthalmology/Adult Strabismus/Pediatric Glaucoma
Clinical Focus: Pediatric and Adult Strabismus, Pediatric Anterior segment disease, Pediatric Glaucoma
Residency: National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia: Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto: Glaucoma
- Hospital for Sick Children, Univ of Toronto: Research Pediatric Glaucoma
- IWK Childrens Hospital, Dalhousie Univ, Halifax: Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Sharan S, Walter M, Mirzayans F, Footz T, Walter M, Levin AV. Elliptical anterior iris stromal defects associated with PAX6 gene sequence changes. JAAPOS 2008 Aug; 12(4):340-343.
- Sharan S, Trope GE, Chipman M, Buys YM. Late onset bleb infections: Prevalence and risk factors. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology Dec 2008. In Press.
- Sharan S, Swamy B, Taranath D A, Jamieson R, Yu T, Wargon O, Grigg J R. Port wine vascular malformations and risk of glaucoma in Sturge Weber syndrome. JAAPOS Apr 2009. In Press.
- Sharan S, Dupois A, Hebert D, Levin AV. The effect of oral acetazolamide on growth in children. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology Mar 2009. Submitted.