Dr. Alain A. Proulx
Alain A. Proulx MD., FRCS(C)
Comprehensive Ophthalmology, Oculoplastics
Ivey Eye Institute
St. Joseph's Hospital
268 Grosvenor Street
London, ON N6A 4V2
Phone: 519.646.6100 ext. 66315
Specialty: Comprehensive Ophthalmology with an interest in Neuro-Ophthalmology
Clinical Focus: Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Residency: Western University
Neuro-Ophthalmology, Kellogg Eye Center
Appointment: Associate Professor
Dr. Alain A. Proulx is a comprehensive ophthalmologist at the Ivey Eye Institute with a clinical interest in neuro-ophthalmology. He currently holds the position of assistant professor at Western University and is the director of the Western University Ophthalmology residency program. Prior to entering medical school, Dr. Proulx completed a Master’s degree in Neuroscience at Western University. Both his undergraduate and post-graduate (ophthalmology) medical training were completed through the Schulich School of Medicine at Western University, with neuro-ophthalmology training carried out on an elective basis during ophthalmology residency at the Kellogg Eye Center (Ann Arbor, Michigan) and the Kresge Eye Institute (Detroit, Michigan). His main areas of academic interest include temporal arteritis and optic neuropathies, as well as medical education. He is currently completing coursework towards a Master’s degree in medical education.
- Yuen D, Gonder J, Proulx AA, Liu H, Hutnik C. Comparison of the In Vitro Safety of Intraocular Dyes Uing Two Retinal Cell Lines: A Focus on Brilliant Blue G and Indocyanine Green. (2009) Am J Ophthalmol. 147(2):251-259.
- Proulx AA, Strong MJ, Nicolle DA. Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Presenting with Visual Manifestations. (2008) Cdn J Ophthalmol. 43(5):591-595.
- Raja MK, Allen LH, Proulx AA. Giant cell arteritis presenting with aortic aneurysm and normal ESR and CRP. (2007) Cdn J Ophthalmol. 43(1):136-137.
- Proulx AA, Gonder JR. Comparison of the in vitro Toxicity of Single vs. Double Exposures of Indocyanine Green in Human RPE Cell Cultures. (2007) Am J Ophthalmol. 143:353-354.
- Kent JS, Shukla S, Proulx A, Hutnik CM, Hayman LA. Amaurosis fugax secondary to imaging methods of MRI scan. (2007) Acad Radiol. 14(1):117-118.
- Proulx AA, Sheidow TG. Development of Macular Hole in the Immediate Postoperative Period Following Pneumatic Retinopexy. (2006) OSLI. 37(6):481-483.
- Rizkalla K, Rodrigues S, Proulx AA, Tingey DP, Heathcote JG. Primary intraocular lymphoma arising during methotrexate treatment of temporal arteritis. (2005) Cdn J Ophthalmol. 40:585-592.
- Proulx AA, Mao AM, Liu H, Hutnik CML. Protection of RPE Cells from Photooxidative Stress Using a Blue Light-Filtering IOL. (2005) Clin Surg Ophth. 23(1):18-20.
- Proulx AA, Gonder JR, Gale JS. Anatomic and Visual Outcomes After Indocyanine Green-assisted Peeling of the Retinal Internal Limiting Membrane in Idiopathic Macular Hole Surgery – Correspondence. (2004) Am J Ophthalmol. 138:691.
- Gale JS, Proulx AA, Gonder JR, Mao AJ, Hutnik CML. Comparison of the In Vitro Toxicity of Indocyanine Green to that of Trypan Blue in Human RPE Cell Cultures. (2004) Am J Ophthalmol. 138:64-69.