The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry will be a global leader in optimizing life-long health through innovations in research, education and active engagement with our communities.
We will lead in:
- Creating knowledge in healthy development and aging across the life span from pre-conception to end-of-life, examining the underlying mechanisms of development and aging and how it is influenced by genetics and environment
- Translating knowledge across the research domains of basic, clinical, health services, policy, and population health and in partnership with the communities of Southwestern Ontario, to benefit global health
- Embedding the science of healthy and successful development and aging into the education curriculum
The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry provides outstanding education within a research-intensive, distributed learning environment where tomorrow’s physicians, dentists, health researchers and other scholars learn to be socially responsible leaders in the advancement of human health locally, regionally and globally.
We embrace the following core values:
- Social responsibility and accountability
- Innovation and scientific excellence in all that we do
- Learning experiences which foster academic leadership, critical inquiry and a passion for life-long learning
- Compassionate, patient- and family-centred care
- Collaboration and partnership