Dr. Les Kalman - digital app developer and ICOI Diplomate status recipient
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Congratulations Dr. Les Kalman, DDS '99, assistant professor, Division of Restorative Dentistry, Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, on being awarded Diplomate status within the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI).
Dr. Kalman was awarded the Diplomate credentials after presenting a research poster on the Virtual Facebow application and completing an oral and written exam component. Receiving Diplomate status is the highest honour the ICOI can award a dental professional involved in oral implantology.
Dr. Kalman's Virtual Facebow application is a new, digital replacement for the analogue version. This revolutionary application is the first of its kind and offers an easy, efficient and economical way to assist with the diagnosis and treatment planning of all dental cases. Click here to watch a video showing how the application works.
- Positions the upper maxillary cast in a proper spatial relationship relative to anatomical reference points.
- Establishes the lower mandibular cast to the upper with an accurate bite (occlusion).
- Reinforces the anatomical relevance of tooth, arch and cast position.
- Acts as an esthetic tooth guide prior to treatment.
- Serves as an educational guide for students in the dental field and patients.
Dr. Kalman's Facebow application is available in the Android Market. Click here for more information or to purchase the app.