2015 Women of Excellence Honorees Announced
Congratulations to Dr. Lisa Fischer, MD and Dr. Gillian Kernaghan, MD, CCFP, FCFP who were announced as two of eight recipients of the 2015 Women of Excellence Awards.
Dr. Fischer who is an associate professor with the Department of Family Medicine was recognized in the Sports, Fitness and Recreation category, and Dr. Kernaghan, associate professor, Department of Family Medicine, and president & CEO of St. Joseph’s Health Care London was recognized in the health, science and technology category.
The Women of Excellence Awards celebrate exemplary female leaders from all backgrounds, ages and experiences in London, Ontario and the surrounding region. The women will be honoured at the 2015 YMCA of Western Ontario Women of Excellence awards gala on May 7 at the London Convention Centre.
The 2015 recipients include:
- Kathleen Murphy (Community and Volunteerism)
- Dr. Colleen Hanycz (Arts, Culture, Education and Training)
- Tina Bad (Entrepreneur)
- Dr. Lisa Fischer (Sports, Fitness and Recreation)
- Sgt. Lorna Bruce (Business and Professions)
- Dr. Gillian Kernaghan (Health, Science and Technology)
- Caroline Ehrhardt (Young Woman of Excellence)
- Madam Justice Lynne C. Leitch (Outstanding Achievement Award)