At times, due to the nature of the profession they are training for and the tools they are using, learners may find themselves in need of support for an injury they have sustained in the course of treating a patient.
There are slightly different protocols in place depending on which learner group the individual with the learner belongs to. Please follow the links below to figure out your next steps. We know that this can be a worrisome time for anyone. If you need someone to talk to, please give the office a call. We are here to help.
- Dentistry needlestick protocols (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Windsor Workplace Injury Protocol/Needlestick Injuries
- Pre-clinical medical students London Program
- Clerkship and elective students needlestick protocol
- Residents - Contact Medical Affairs Department for needlestick protoco
Forms required for reporting:
- Letter of Authorization
- Accident/Incident Report-The hospital will provide
Accident/Illness/Incident (AII) Reporting Form & Investigation Report
The Workplace Safety & Insurance Board may cover students who are injured while completing unpaid work placements required as part of their education. The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities has issued the following guidelines to ensure that students are covered on the Wilfrid Laurier University Website.