The VERC is made up of five different rooms supporting a total of one hundred and forty three desktops computers and five laser printers. These resources are split into five independent teaching facilities; MSB-M150, MSB-M150A, DSB-D4006, DSB-D4007 and DSB-D4008. The rooms vary in size and the number of workstations, but all host the same equipment, software, access and security.
Medical Sciences Building
- M150 – consists of seventy eight work stations, flat-bed scanner, three laser printers and a dedicated instructor workstation; there is no ceiling mounted data projector in this room due to line of site issues caused by the existing pillars, but all student workstations have the ability to ‘sync’ to the instructor’s video in lieu of a centrally shared screen.
- M150A – consists of twenty four computer workstations, with seating for up to forty-eight users, one networked laser printer, a dedicated instructor workstation and a ceiling mounted data projector. In addition to the data projector the workstations in this room, similar to M150, have the ability to ‘sync’ to the instructor workstation.
- NOTE: M150/M150A – these two rooms can be combined into one large teaching facility, giving a total of one hundred and two workstations. When combined the audio in M150A is linked into M150 and all workstations (plus the data projector in M150A) can sync to the instructor workstation in M150.
Dental Sciences Building
- DSB4006 – consists of twelve work stations and a ceiling mounted data project.
- DSB4007 – consists of twelve work stations, one laser printer and a ceiling mounted data project.
- DSB4008 – consists of twelve work stations and a ceiling mounted data project.
- NOTE: All the VERC DSB rooms print to the laser printer in DSB4007.