- ICYMI: 25 Medical School Tips from the UWOMJ Blog
With the school year now in full swing, be sure to read these practical tips from Dr. Kevin Dueck, MD'16.
- My Greatest Professor by Jim Denstedt, Medicine Class of 2020
Jim Denstedt reflects on the people and perspectives that have shaped him as a person, and the importance of seeing a patient as more than just a diagnosis.
- Tavis Apramian: Thanks to Dad for making medical practice personal
Tavis Apramian, Medicine Class of 2019, co-wrote a letter to the editor of the Almaguin News about his father's 32-year career as a family physician in Burk's Falls.
- Social Determinants of Palliative Care: A Medical Student’s Experience
Ryhana Dawood reflects on her experiences with the Palliative Education And Care for the Homeless (PEACH) team in Toronto and the role social circumstance plays in access to palliative care. Read the full CMAJ blog post.
- Being Well and Staying Well: A Dictation by Tehmina Ahmad, Medicine Class of 2017
Tehmina Ahmad, Medicine Class of 2017, addresses physician wellness and resiliency in this dictation-style winning essay submission.
- Hippocratic Council update from Noah Stern, President
A lot has been going on behind the scenes at Hippo as a fresh crop of executives have brought new ideas, energy, and drive to the council. Learn more about the exciting initiatives taking place.
- Yousif Atwan, Medicine Class of 2017, reflects on the success of the CFMS AGM
About 160 student leaders from across the country gathered for the Canadian Federation of Medical Students (CFMS) Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Windsor – with 27 delegates from Schulich Medicine & Dentistry. Yousif Atwan, Medicine Class of 2017, reflects on the events and success of the weekend.