Learning opportunity – Physician Leadership Essentials conference and live webcast
The landscape for physician leaders in today’s health care system is one that is ever changing – new residents and those considering leadership roles are now participants in an all-encompassing cultural shift both in leading multi-disciplinary teams and in practicing medicine.
Hear from respected physician leaders from varied backgrounds and disciplines to help navigate the path on your own leadership journey.
Date: Friday, May 27, 2016
Conference Location: OHA Education Centre, Toronto
Special Offer for Medical Residents and Students: Registration at 50% off
To allow for greater accessibility, this event is being offered as both an in-person conference and live webcast.
View the conference brochure
- Dr. Brett Belchetz – ER Physician and Medical Expert for CTV and Global News
- Dr. Caroline Gérin-Lajoie – Medical Director, Physician Health, The Ottawa Hospital, and Wellness and Director, Faculty Wellness Program, University of Ottawa
- Dr. Derek Puddester – Associate Director of Physician and Professional Health Programs, Ontario Medical Association
- Dr. Kaif Pardhan – Emergency Physician, Sunnybrook Health Sciences, and Past-President, The Professional Association of Residents of Ontario
- Review the current landscape for physician leaders and cultural shifts in practising medicine
- Consider important aspects of physician health, including burnout and substance abuse
- Hear front-line stories related to workplace civility and strategies for conflict resolution
- Learn how new physician leaders can drive government policy and patient advocacy
Visit the OHA website to register online for this event.