Tuesday, November 18, 2014
WSRC is an undergraduate multidisciplinary research conference taking place on Saturday, March 21, 2015. It is organized by undergraduate students and is affiliated with the Student Success Centre at Western.
The organizing committee is currently looking for undergraduate students who have completed research and would like to present at the conference in the form of a poster or 10 minute oral presentation.
Students are asked to fill out an online application and submit a brief abstract of their project. Registration requirements are also available on the website.
The first call for applications is due November 30, from which 75% of presenters will be chosen. The final deadline is December 30.
There is no fee required for students presenting at the conference.
Benefits of participating in the conference:
1. Opportunity to represent your faculty and research community as a student presenter at Western's first undergraduate research conference
2. Opportunity to complete the research cycle and publicize your research achievements with university-wide recognition
3. Hone your oral and poster presentation skills and receive feedback in a ungraded environment
4. Network with other student researchers, leaders, and professionals from across all of Western's faculties
5. Gain exposure to the research currently conducted by fellow peers of Western's undergraduate body
6. Selected applicants will receive the Certificate of Recognition from the Dean
7. Selected applicants will be considered for awards for their poster or presentation
More information will be available soon for those wishing to attend the conference.