Physician Leadership Institute (formerly PMI) course: Conflict Management and Negotiation
The AMOSO Governing Committee has approved the funding of a Physician Leadership Institute (formerly PMI) course on Conflict Management and Negotiation on Friday March 3rd and Saturday March 4th 2017 in London. This program has been condensed from a 3 day to 2 day course. There is no cost for physicians to attend however registration is limited to 40 participants.
Development Professional Credits earned for full attendance is 14 Mainpro+ and Section 1 Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credits. Selection process by the AFP Practice Plan and Registration details, location are to follow.
Some of the learning objectives of the Conflict Management and Negotiation course include:
- Differentiate between types of conflict and conflict management styles
- Discuss strategies for recognizing and managing conflict situations
- Practice a model of creative collaboration to address conflict with individuals, teams and organizations
- Describe the structures, processes, principles and currencies of effective negotiation
- Develop strategies for managing constituencies and building coalitions
- Practice specific negotiation strategies for real situations
- Analyze the dynamics and politics of effective negotiation
This course is eligible for Continuing Education Credits. PMI Faculty conducting the course are:
Anne Grant, LL.B, LL.M (ADR), C. Med, Chartered Mediator
Kevin Tasa, BComm, MSC, PHD - Professor of Organizational Behaviour, Schulich School of Business, York University