On behalf of the Department of Psychiatry Research Committee, we are pleased to be holding the Academic Research Day this June.
The main goal of this event is to highlight ongoing research in the Department, by your faculty, residents, trainees, studetns, and other affiliated members.
Stay tuned for more information, including our call for abstract submissions.
For more information, visit the Academic Research Day webpage
, or email Lindsay Cecile
Need some help committing to a regular writing practice?
Come to our weekly, term-time drop-in writing session for faculty, Fridays, 9.30-11:30 a.m., late September-April.
For more information, visit the Faculty Writing Support Program web-page.This event is part of Western's Writing Support Program--a grassroots enterprise organized by two Western faculty members with support and funding from Research Western. Other events for 2018-19 will be announced in the coming weeks.
As we approach the fall application season I thought should share some refreshers for navigating your way past the initial proposal entry screen you see when choosing the "New ROLA" button on the Funding Opportunities Page.
Please refer to Helpful Tips for Using the ROLA System PDF
, Instructions for Reviewing and Submitting PDF
, and the ROLA Proposal Manual
for information regarding the ROLA (Research On-Line Administration) system.
1. For best results do not use Safari. Please use Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer to prevent budget errors.
2. Please do not create more than one proposal per application. If you start a proposal and cannot complete it in one sitting, please do not use the New ROLA button, as that will start another proposal. Use the Maintain ROLA link at the top left of the Funding Opportunities listing. This will bring you to the search page where you can search for any existing proposals you have created. You may also call rolahelp
3. Please make sure you choose the renewal option if you are renewing your existing Discovery grant. Please use the Letter of Intent option for competitions where you may be invited to move on to the next level. (example Foundation Stage 1)
4. Please only enter the portion of the budget you expect to receive from this particular sponsor.If
you are submitting a CRD or other partnered program application, enter the amount requested from NSERC in one proposal, and the amount request from the industry partners in another.
5. Once you have submitted your proposal, you can check on the approval status here: Grants (ROLA II) > Proposals > Approval Status Review
or x83136) is available from 8 AM to 4:30 PM to assist with any difficulties? Please give us a call if you are stuck on something.
The Developmental Disabilities Program at Schulich is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for our 4th
Annual Developmental Disabilities Research Day. This event will take place on Thursday, May 30, 2019, at the Great Hall at Western University
The official call for abstracts is available on our website
This event is dedicated to showcasing research in the field of Developmental Disabilities (Intellectual Disability and Autism Spectrum Disorder). There is no cost to attend this event
Anyone conducting research in this field is encouraged to submit an abstract for consideration. Abstracts are encouraged from all faculties, schools, and departments within the Western University Community, as well as from those conducting research in the community, health care organizations, or other academic institutions
. Please submit abstracts for consideration online on our website. The deadline to submit abstracts is April 30, 2019.
For those wishing to attend, you can also register for this event online at the same link above. Scroll down past the abstract submission form to register. There is no cost to register, and lunch, coffee, tea and refreshments are provided to all participants.
Please feel free to share this call for abstracts widely. We encourage submissions from all departments, faculties and schools in the University, and from individuals and groups conducting research in this field outside of the University.