PaLM Return to Campus Plan
Version: September 10, 2021
Dear Faculty, Staff, Postdoctoral Scholars and Students,
Please see below the details of our on-campus health and safety requirements in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
For all Faculty, Staff, Students and Postdoctoral Scholars
Before Reporting to Campus
- View the video on OWL: COVID-19 Training Video: Return to Campus Essentials and answer the certification question.
- Review Western’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and upload your documents as applicable.
- Before each visit to campus, you must complete a a daily symptom check in Qualtrics using the unique link sent you by email. The subject line of the email will be "Action Required: Western University - Daily Symptom Check."
- Note: For hospital-based faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars and students, the hospital screening questionnaire must be completed in some form upon entry to any hospital site. The daily symptom check referenced above is only required if you will be on campus for any reason (e.g. class, meeting, library, eatery).
- Visitors (e.g. external repair technicians, furniture installers), please complete the Google Form. Visitors may be required to provide proof of vaccination.
- In consultation with your Supervisor, reserve your space on campus using the required Schulich Outlook calendars.
- We recommend using Google Chrome to access the webmail version of the Outlook calendars.
- A list of calendars is provided below in the Links section and your Supervisor can advise you of which one(s) to use if it is not clear.
- An instructional video on how to use the scheduling tool is available here: https://vod.schulich.uwo.ca
- This tool is required to monitor building occupancy in compliance with provincial legislation.
Outlook Calendars (Quick Tips)
- Google Chrome is the preferred browser
- Open the WebMail version of your Western email
- Select the calendar icon
- Click on New Event (top left)
- Add event title: XX in Lab/Office
- Select the date and time block
- Search for room or location type: SSMD-PATH-XX
- Click Save
- All members of the Western community are required to wear a 3-ply disposable surgical mask (not cloth) in the presence of others, and in common and shared spaces. This includes shared office space, corridors, lobbies, washrooms, elevators, classrooms, teaching laboratories, meeting rooms, and libraries.
- In situations where you cannot maintain physical distance of 6 feet, you are also required to wear a face shield and/or eye goggles. Safety glasses are not equivalent to eye goggles, therefore if you need to wear safety glasses then you must also don a face shield.
- Your supervisor will provide you with masks, face shields and eye goggles as required.
- Please arrive to campus wearing a mask.
- You may enter/exit the building by most doors. Please following the signage installed by the University.
- The entrance to the dental patient parking lot is reserved exclusively for urgent care dental patients to enter and exit. No one else is permitted to use this entrance.
- All corridors and stairwells are considered two-way traffic zones. Please practice physical distancing, including walking only on the right side of the hall.
- Elevator occupancy is posted but is generally 2 people at a time.
- In the event of a fire or fire drill, evacuate through the nearest exit.
In the Lab
- Maximum occupancy signs are posted.
- All normal lab safety practices are still applicable.
- Additional health and safety requirements are summarized on posters in the lab.
- In labs, 3-ply surgical masks must be worn and will be provided.
- Please discuss specific clean in/clean out expectations with your Supervisor.
- Students may use their designated study space. If physical distancing cannot be maintained or if maximum occupancy is exceeded, then a face shield must be worn in addition to a 3-ply surgical mask. Masks and face shields will be provided.
- The H410 conference room can be booked if occupancy does not exceed 3 people.
- Walk-in freezers will be marked with Available/Occupied signage to prevent entering already-occupied, tight spaces.
- If you enter a common space (e.g. photocopier room), please use the cleaning products in the room to wipe down high-touch surfaces before and after use.
After your Visit to Campus
- If you have been on campus and start to feel unwell, please stay home. Please also advise your Supervisor and Linda Jackson-Boeters of your change in health status. Linda is PaLM’s HR-appointed "Reporting Officer."
- If you have any concerns regarding safety and/or compliance with public health guidelines, please contact your Supervisor, Dr. Chakrabarti, myself, Linda or email@example.com.
Manager, Administration & Finance
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
London, ON CANADA
- Clean In Clean Out (EXL, 32 KB)
- PaLM Outlook Calendars (PDF, 76 KB)
- PaLM Lab Safety Practices (PDF, 352 KB)
- Pandemic Supplies Order Sheet Please send order forms to Linda Jackson for submission (EXL, 16 KB)
- Return to Campus Plan Fall 2020 (PDF, 700 KB)
- Western's Return to Campus Summary Document (PDF, 860 KB)