Dr. William Hodge
Dr. W. Hodge MD, PhD, FRCSC
Ivey Eye Institute
St. Joseph's Hospital
268 Grosvenor Street
London, Ontario N6A 4V2
Phone: 519.646.6100 x.66210
Clinical Focus: Corneal transplantation, refractive surgery including excimer laser, cataract surgery, inflammatory and infectious diseases of the eye.
Residency: McGill University
Fellowship (Institution): Corneal and Uveitis,
University of California San Francisco & Stanford
Dr Hodge did his medical training and ophthalmology residency at McGill University. He then did a fellowship in cornea and uveitis at University of California San Francisco & Stanford. While there, he did a Masters degree in clinical epidemiology at UC Berkeley and completed a PhD in clinical epidemiology back at McGill. His first 12 years of practice were at the University of Ottawa Eye Institute before moving to London.
Dr Hodge’s research pursuits have been in clinical trials, health service research, systematic reviews and population projections of eye disease in Canada. He holds or has held an NIH grant for a systematic review, three CIHR grants for health service research and a PSI grant for an ophthalmic randomized clinical trial.
- Deng C, Li F, Hackett JM, Chaudry SH, Toll FN, Toye B, Hodge W, Griffith M. Collagen and glycopolymer based Hydrogel for Potential Cornea Application. Acta Biomater 2009, Jul 24 Epub ahead of Print.
- Costello F, Hodge WG, Pan YI, Freedman M, Demeulemeester C. Differences in retinal Nerve Fibre Layer Atrophy Between Multiple Sclerosis Subtypes. J Neurol Sci. 2009, 281 (1-2): 74-79
- Alvarez GG, Roth VR, Hodge WG. Ocular Tuberculosis, Diagnostic and Treatment Challenges. Int J Infec Dis 2009 13(4): 432-435
- Lesniak A, Hodge WG. Large cell carcinoma of the lung and squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx presenting as uveitis. Ann Ophthalmology 2009 41(1): 52-54
- Damji KF, Chialant D, Shah K, Kulkarni SV, Ross EA, Al-Ani A, Hodge WG. Biometric Characteristics of Eyes with Exfoliation Syndrome and occludeable as well as open angles and eyes with primary open angle glaucoma. Can J Ophthalmol 2009;44(1):70-75
- HodgeW. Comparison of Visual Results Between Laser-Assisted Subepithelial Keratectomy and Epipolis Laser in Situ Keratomileusis To Correct Myopia and Myopic Astigmatism. Evidence-Based Ophthalmology. 10(1):19-20, January 2009.
- Yeung J, Hodge WG. Recurrent Meesmann Corneal Dystrophy: Treatment with Keratectomy and Mitomycin-C. Can J Ophthalmol 2009;44(1):103-104
- Hodge WG. Polymerase Chain Reaction or Probable Contaminated Reagin? Can J Ophthalmol 2009; 44(1):10-11.
- Hodge W. Reduced mortality compared with national averages following phacoemulsification cataract surgery: a retrospective observational study. Evidence Based Ophthalmology 2009
- Shukla S, Damji KF, Harasymowycz P, Chialant D, Kent JS, Chevrier R, Buhrmann R, Marshall D, Pan Y, Hodge W. Clinical features distinguishing angle closure from Pseudoplateau vs. Plateau iris. Br J Ophthalmol. 2008 Mar;92(3):340-4.