Neuro-Ophthalmologist and Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Ivey Eye Institute
St. Joseph's Hospital
268 Grosvenor Street
London, ON N6A 4V2
Phone: 519.646.6100 x.66214
Clinical Focus: Neuro-Ophthalmology, Botox Treatment and Cataract Surgery
Residency: Western University
Neuro-Ophthalmology, University of Michigan
Appointment: Assistant Professor
Dr Bursztyn completed an undergrad in chemical engineering at McMaster University followed by a Master's degree in Neuroscience at Queen's University. She completed medical school at Queen's University, ophthalmology residency at Western University and a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Bursztyn's main areas of academic interest include optic neuropathies, brain tumours and eye movement disorders.
1. Breker DA, Stacey AW, Srinivasan A, Bursztyn LL, Trobe JD, Johnson MW. Vision Loss Caused by Retinal and Lateral Geniculate Nucleus Infarction in H1N1 Influenza. J Neuroophthalmol, 2015 Apr 14, Coauthor, DOI: 10.1097/WNO.0000000000000247.
2. Kauh CY, Bursztyn LL. Positive Apraclonidine Test in Horner Syndrome Caused by Thalamic Hemorrhage. J Neuroophthalmol, 2015 Mar 12, Principal Author, DOI: 10.1097/WNO.0000000000000222.
3. Bursztyn LL, Masri M, Sheidow TG. Severe visual loss secondary to retinal toxicity after intravenous use of bisphosphonate in an eye with known chloroquine maculopathy. Retin Cases Brief Rep, 2014 Jul 1; 8 (4): 322-5, Principal Author, DOI: 10.1097/ICB.0000000000000055.
4. Bursztyn LL, Belrose JC, Coupland SG, Fraser JA, Proulx AA. Remission of nonparaneoplastic autoimmune retinopathy after minimal steroid treatment. Retin Cases Brief Rep, 2014 Jul 1; 9 (2): 173-6, Principal Author, DOI: 10.1097/ICB.0000000000000131.
5. Bursztyn LL, Hyrcza MD, Allen LH, Berean KW, Wehrli B. Low-grade intraductal carcinoma of the lacrimal gland. Orbit, 2014 Apr 1; 33 (2): 135-8, Principal Author, DOI: 10.3109/01676830.2013.851257.
6. Bursztyn LL, Makar I. Congenital trochlear-oculomotor synkinesis. J Neuroophthalmol, 2014 Mar 1; 34 (1): 64-6, Principal Author, DOI: 10.1097/WNO.0000000000000091.
7. Bursztyn LL, Sharan S, Walsh L, LaRoche GR, Robitaille J, De Becker I. Has rising pediatric obesity increased the incidence of idiopathic intracranial hypertension in children? Can J Ophthalmol, 2014 Feb 1; 49 (1): 87-91, Principal Author, DOI: 10.1016/j.jcjo.2013.09.015.
8. Lownie SP, Pinkoski C, Bursztyn LL, Nicolle DA. Eyelid and eye movements following fourth to third nerve anastomosis. J Neuroophthalmol, 2013 Mar 1; 33 (1): 66-8, Coauthor, DOI: 10.1097/WNO.0b013e318270316b.
9. Bursztyn LL, Flanagan JR. Sensorimotor memory of weight asymmetry in object manipulation. Exp Brain Res, 2008 Jan 1; 184 (1): 127-33, Principal Author, DOI: 10.1007/s00221-007-1173-z.
10. Bursztyn LL, Ganesh G, Imamizu H, Kawato M, Flanagan JR. Neural correlates of internal-model loading. Curr Biol, 2006 Dec 19; 16 (24): 2440-5, Principal Author, DOI: 10.1016/j.cub.2006.10.051.
11. Zhao B, Bursztyn LL, Pelton R. Simple Approach for Quantifying the Thermodynamic Potential of Polymer–Polymer Adhesion. J Adhesion, 2006 Sep 4; 82 (2): 121-33, Coauthor