Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Today is Bell Let's Talk Day. People across the country are talking and tweeting about mental illness. Join the conversation on social media and help us end the stigma.
Follow us @SchulichMedDent for messages and stories, and connect nationally using #BellLetsTalk.
Here are Five simple ways to help end the stigma around mental illness:
1. Language matters - Words can help, but they can also hurt. Pay attention to the words you use.
2. Educate yourself - Myths exist about mental illness that contribute to stigma. Learn the facts.
3. Be kind - Small acts of kindess speak volumes.
4. Listen and ask - Sometimes it's best just to list.
5. Talk about it - Start a dialogue, not a debate
For more ideas on how you can help end the stigma around mental illness, click here.