Monday, May 5, 2014
There are a limited number of summer student curriculum projects for Schulich Medicine students that will be funded by the Undergraduate Medical Education Office in July and August 2014.
These opportunities are for UME course and curriculum development and will fund a student to work on a faculty sponsored learning materials project.
The maximum value of the funding is $4251.00 plus benefits for 8 weeks and is paid as full-time during the summer. Please note, students may not hold more than one University appointment at the same time.
The successful applicant for each position will have:
• A sound understanding of the content of the particular course or project
• Well-developed organizational, written and communication skills
• Interest in creative and alternative learning projects
• Flexibility to work on a team and independently
Students will be required to meet with the faculty supervisor(s). Each student will arrange a time to meet with Teresa Van Deven (UME Curriculum Specialist) at least twice during the summer months to discuss and review their projects. It will be the responsibility of the student to arrange these meeting times.
It is the expectation that the student, in collaboration with the faculty, will submit a report to UME at the end of the project.
The report could include the following:
• A description and example of the curriculum materials produced/designed
• A description of the successes and possible challenges encountered during the process
• Any suggestions for new projects which may build upon the experiences and outcomes of this project
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your interest and experience to the faculty supervisor(s) listed here by May 15, 2014.
For more information, please contact Teresa Van Deven.