Friday, January 31, 2014
The CRA in conjunction with AbbVie and Roche is offering summer studentship programs to medical students of Canadian citizenship who are currently registered in medical school. The CRA-AbbVie summer studentship places emphasis on clinical training while the CRA-Roche studentship provides the student with the opportunity to participate in a research project. Both programs provide students with an excellent introduction to the subspecialty of Rheumatology.
AbbVie - A maximum of 10 full-time students will be eligible and can do their studentships with a member of the CRA in clinical, research or both areas. An emphasis will be placed on clinical training.
Roche - A maximum of 10 full-time students will be eligible and can do their studentships with a member of the CRA in clinical, basic or translational research. An emphasis will be placed on a project that is feasible to be completed.
The salary per student is a maximum of $5,400, assuming $12.00 per hour, 37.5 hours per week for a maximum of 12 weeks over the summer. All students will sign a contract with the CRA for their summer employment. They will submit their hours biweekly and the pay will be administered by the CRA.
1. Applicant is a Canadian citizen and medical student currently registered in a medical school
2. Preceptor is a rheumatologist, member of the CRA and has accepted to supervise a student
3. The student cannot be related to the preceptor
Application forms and a list of eligible mentors can be found here. Students are to contact the preceptor of their choice to first discuss the program and confirm that the preceptor will accept the student for a summer clinical studentship.
1. Application form signed by the student and preceptor (fax signatures are acceptable)
2. Proof of enrolment at a medical school
3. Period (number of weeks up to a maximum of 12) during the summer that the applicant will work and whether part-time or full-time hours are requested
4. 1-page curriculum vitae
5. Brief description of summer experience (by preceptor)
Deadline: March 7, 2014
Send all applications to:
CRA-Roche Summer Studentship
c/o Dr. Janet Pope
St. Joseph’s Health Care
268 Grosvenor Street
London, ON N6A 4V2