Why Go Abroad?
The goals of the International and Health Equity Learning (IHEL) program are:
- To learn the natural history of disease and appreciate the remarkable resilience of the human body when suffering from sickness and malnutrition.
- To master clinical skills, sometimes with limited laboratory aids.
- To be able to relate social and economic factors to the cause, treatment and prevention of disease traditions.
- To develop understanding, respect and tolerance for cultural attitudes.
- To enhance flexibility and adaptability.