Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Award for Medical Students
Laureates of The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame cite qualities such as perseverance, collaboration and an entrepreneurial spirit as contributors to their success as national and world health leaders. Supported by our donors, The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Award seeks to recognize medical students who demonstrate these qualities and show outstanding potential as future leaders and innovators of health care in Canada. Each Canadian medical school is invited to nominate a medical student completing his/her second undergraduate year of study at the time of application.
2015 STUDENT APPLICATION
Each Canadian medical school is invited to nominate one outstanding medical student for this Award. Seventeen awards of $21,000 each will be presented. Recipients also receive a complimentary ticket and travel bursary (up to $1,000 as approved) to The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, held annually in April and hosted in association with rotating medical schools across the country. The 2016 CMHF Induction Ceremony will be hosted in association with McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.
- Canadian citizens or landed immigrants enrolled in a Canadian medical school
- Currently completing second year of medical school (including three year programs)
- In good academic standing
- A member of the Canadian Medical Association
The deadline for applications is May 29, 2015.
- Application forms are available on The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame website.
- Completed applications forms must be submitted to registrationUME@schulich.uwo.ca by 11:59 pm on May 29, 2015.
- Applications will be reviewed, and selection of each school’s nominee for one of these Awards will be made by a selection committee at each medical school.
- Applications must contain the following:
- Completed and signed Application Form
- 1,000 word essay which outlines
- Why you should be considered for this award – demonstrated leadership, academic excellence and passion about collaboration and innovative thinking in health care leadership
- The qualities of a Laureate of The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame who inspires you to be a future leader and innovator of health care
- * Note: This essay may be published on the CMHF website.
- A focused Curriculum Vitae (maximum four pages) that demonstrates evidence of academic and leadership achievement, e.g.:
- Academic record
- Papers and publications
- Awards related to leadership, innovation, entrepreneurial spirit and/or effective collaboration (peer recognition, research and academic projects)
- Extracurricular activities in a leadership capacity
- Three letters of support* – two from faculty members (and that demonstrate academic excellence) and one from the community (employer, coach, supervisor, mentor)
- *Note: these letters of support are an important component in the selection process and should include sufficient information about the candidate to support the nomination
For application forms and/or more information, please see the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame website.