Coping with COVID-19
We find ourselves in challenging times. Changing our routines, dealing with uncertainty and learning, as social beings, to interact differently. Together, we can find ways to connect, stay well and take care of each other from afar.
- National Suicide Prevention Line (1.833.456.4566)
- Good 2 Talk Helpline
- Crisis and Mental Wellness Centre
- Community Crisis Centre 24/7 Crisis Line (519.973.4435)
Schulich Medicine & Dentistry Peer Support Opportunity
With varying relationships and living situations, social distancing and self-isolating can be challenging in many ways for many people. The Buddy Program is a helpful way to make sure we are collectively looking out for each other. Participants join into pairs, trios or groups and are asked to formally identify themselves as a “buddy system.”
Mental Health & Physical Wellness
During these challenging times, it’s important to take care of yourself and others both physically and mentally. The resources below may be helpful to you.
- Fitness Blender
- Darebee Resource
- University of Windsor Lancer Recreation Virtual Classes
- Tone It Up
- Heather Robertson
- Les Mills
- POPSUGAR Fitness
- FitOn (free app)
- Sworkit (free app)
Articles & Reading
- That discomfort you're feeling is Grief
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health During Corona Virus
- Tolerance for Uncertainty Workbook
- Medical Student Education in the Time of Covid-19
- Tips to work at home more smoothly
- Tips to manage long days of video
- Avoiding Physician Burnout
Arts & Culture
- Project Gutenberg
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)/Ed
- Nightly FREE Met Opera Streams
- Virtual tours of famous museums
- Yo Yo Ma's Encouraging Songs of Comfort
- Live virtual concerts
Social distancing and self-isolating is different for everyone due to locations and relationships. As humans, feeling connected is important. Below are some ideas to connect virtually to continue engaging with peers, classmates, friends and family.
- Digital Games – jacktv
- Trivia tournament – kahoot
- Google Chrome free extension: "Netflix Party"
- Online Family Feud
- Hogwarts Digital Escape Room
- Online Pictionary/Skribbl
- Houseparty App
- Mustangs Virtual Programming for Children
It's time like these when those in a career that centers on helping others feel especially drawn to help; when and where they can. There is much need in every community, but it can sometimes be difficult to know exactly how to help. Many groups at each university campus are mobilizing efforts, please consider joining the communities we learn and thrive in during these difficult times.
- Goodfellows Windsor
- Unemployment Help Centre: serves as a hub for food banks, meals on wheels, etc.
Contact: Ali Bazzi, 519.944.4900
- University of Windsor Volunteers: a direct contact for organizations and health agencies who want to reach out for support.
- United Way Windsor
- Student Senior Isolation Partnership: partnering medical and undergraduate students to visit an elderly person within their community Contact: email@example.com
- Hospice: seeking volunteers to place phone calls to cheer up patients.