Run for the Cure, October 4, Schulich Residents team
The annual CIBC "Run for the Cure" fundraising event to support breast cancer research is fast approaching.
The event, which is held on Sunday October 4, consists of a 1 km or 5 km run or walk, starting at Victoria Park at 1000 hrs (opening ceremonies at 0900, warm up at 0930).
This year, the Schulich Wellness Office has established a "Schulich Residents" Run for the Cure team, open to anyone enrolled in any of the Schulich residency programs.
1. Click on Register on a Team (the 3rd pink box along the top).
2. Then scroll down and click "Join a Team."
3. Click London under "Find a Run Site."
4. Click "Join a Team" (again) on the London page.
5. Click "Join as New Participant" (or returning participant if you have a user name and password from participation in past years).
6. Enter "Schulich Residents" in the text box under Team Name.
7. Click Schulich Residents.
8. Click "Join Team." From here you will be prompted to provide your name, address, demographics, and billing information.
Join a team (if it's already been started) or start a team. From there you just follow the steps through and everyone else can join your team the same way by choosing join a team and then typing in your team name.
As you can see, there seem to be a number of repetitive steps in the registration process, so patience and persistence are required!
The registration fee is $40, whether participants register as individuals or team members. The website contains links to tools that enable us to solicit relatives, friends, etc. for sponsorship and fundraising purposes.
Once our team membership is established, we will be circulating further information about where to gather at the beginning and end of the event, and the location of post-race refreshments and socializing.
Run for the Cure is an excellent event: a worthy cause that is close to our hearts as physicians, an opportunity to stretch our legs, and a great way to enjoy the outdoors and each others' company on a pleasant fall day. We hope you will consider joining our team!