2017 International Summer Program for Medical & Healthcare Students: an Introduction to Global Health
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry is facilitatating our 2nd annual International Summer Program geared towards both international medical and healthcare students this upcoming July.
This year’s theme is Introduction to Global Health. Students will look at global health from a multidisciplinary and multi-professional perspective. They will receive a high-level overview of global-health-related topics with the overarching goal to develop a broader understanding of major clinical and public health issues around the globe.
Some topics include:
- Epidemiological transition and global burden of disease
- Epidemiological methods and study design
- Social determinants of health and neglected populations
- Leadership in public health
- Global health policy & systems research
Students selected for the program will attend the 2-week program from July 3-14, 2017, with an option of participating in a clinical observership from July 17-21, 2017.