The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry's Livestream Channel enables live events to be viewed by anyone, from anywhere.
Livestream is a tool selected by Information Services to support the Strategic Plan for the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry. By providing a world-wide viewing platform for events hosted at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, we are providing the means to support the following directions in the Strategic Plan:
- Direction 6: Enhance communications and profile for greater impact (direct support)
- Direction 4: Develop sustainable partnerships, networks and global initiatives (indirect support)
NEW Livestream Statistics
November marked the sixth month milestone of running the Schulich Livestream page. Below are the statistics for the top views (most viewed events) and location views (viewer locations).
Features offered by Livestream:
- Enables creation of a dedicated page for each streamed event
- Enables posting of supplemental video, comments, photos and documents pertaining to a streamed event in advance of the event
- Enables creation of video 'highlights' from previously streamed events
- Enables a chat room, to connect with the viewing audience
- Offers some analytics, which can be used to support business cases
- Enables sharing and embedding of video events via social media
Considerations for running a successful Livestream event:
- The W5's (who, what, when, where and why)
- Intended audience and their location(s)
- Livestream events are scheduled in advance and require that the events run on-time
- On-site direction is required from the event organizer(s) during live events, to ensure a smooth production for the viewing audience
- Pre-production planning is required for streamed events
- Use of chat and it's moderation is the responsibility of the event organizer
- Some venues are not suitable for the use of Livestream
- Livestream requests will be supported on a case-by-case basis as resourcing will allow
How do I request a Livestream Event?
- To request a Livestream event, you must set-up a consultation by contacting the Information Services Helpdesk
- During the consultation process, you will be asked to provide the information as listed in the considerations section above
How do I check the availability of the Livestream channel?
- To check the availability of the Livestream channel, please contact the Information Services Helpdesk
How do I view the Livestream channel?
- Visit the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry livestream page