10.24.2016 - London Hospital Email Changes
London hospitals will be changing email systems from existing GroupWise system to Microsoft Outlook system in November 2016.
Who will be impacted?
- All Schulich GroupWise users (~700 people) who communicate to London Hospitals email users
- All hospital email users (faculty, professional staff) who communicate to Schulich GroupWise users
Impacts of change
- Encrypted delivery between the 2 systems will no longer exist. The loss of encryption means you should not send confidential information through email after the change
- No more shared Novell System Address Book (which has both hospital and schulich email addresses)
- Will lose the ability to do calendar busy (availability) searches across the 2 systems
Solutions to impacts
- Use the hospital’s secure file transfer system: FileSafe
- The technical teams at Schulich and the Hospitals are looking at options to implement shared directories to perform lookups of contact information
- After the change, please check availability of meeting participants via email, phone or doodle polls.
- A separate communication will be sent regarding a directory lookup when more details are available
- Please share this information broadly with other members of your unit/department
- For questions/concerns relating to the impacts of this change to Schulich, please contact our Helpdesk. For those relating to Hospital impacts, please contact the Hospitals' Outlook Support.