The ImPaKT laboratory is a state-of-art PHAC certified level 2+/3 containment lab (CL) featuring advanced imaging equipment within the barrier. The facility covers 5200 sq ft and offers access to advanced imaging modalities to be housed in a safe, secure, and yet accessible CL2+/CL3 facility equipped with the animal housing and tissue culture equipment. The laboratory is divided into distinct functional suites:
- CL2+ Open Lab: biosafety hoods, cold temperature storage, centrifugation, cell culture
- CL3 Open Lab: biosafety hoods, cold temperature storage, centrifugation, cell culture
- Small Animal Housing: biocontainment housing racks
- Imaging suite: 3T PET/MRI, IVIS CT, Multiphoton Microscope, MSOT, HR Microscope
- Centrifugation Suite: High-Speed and Ultra-Speed
- Decontamination Suite: Two independent autoclaves operating CL2+ and CL3 sterilization
- PCR Clean Room Suite: positive air pressure clean room for all PCR needs
- Viral Vector Core Suite: A GLP facility fir constructions of bacterial, lentiviral, adenovirus, adeno-associated virus and vaccinia virus vectors.
- Synthetic Chemistry Suite: generation of radionuclide-labeling of small molecules and antibodies for use in imaging
Please enjoy a photo gallery below from the official opening on July 29, 2019. Can't see the gallery? Click here.