|Times to completion||
Program ContactBarb Green
Graduate Program Administrator
Department of BiochemistrySchulich School of Medicine and Dentistry
Medical Sciences, Rm. 342
London, Ontario, Canada
t. 519.661.2111, ext. 86850
- Full-time study
Applicants (domestic and international) are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)
Graduate Record Examination Scores (GRE) - For international applicants only.
- Institution Code for Western: 0984
- Department Code: 0202 (Biochemistry)
A score in one of the following subjects is required: Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology; Biology; Chemistry. A minimum score is not set; scores will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 600 for the paper and pencil version, 250 for the computer version, or 90 for the internet version with no individual score below 22. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 6 out of 9.
- The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB). Minimum acceptable score is 80 on each section and an overall score of 85.
- The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL Assessment). Minimum acceptable score is 60.
- February 1 - Fall or Summer Term
- June 1 (pending spots remaining) - Fall Term
- October 15 - Winter Term
Acceptance notifications begin as soon as your application is completed and reviewed.
Fields of Research
- Genome Dynamics, Epigenetics, and Gene Expression
- Human Genetics and Clinical Biochemistry
- Macromolecular Structure and Dynamics
- Signal Transduction and Intercellular Communication