Resident Project Day
Western Family Medicine residents will present their resident projects at the annual Resident Project Day, held each year in June.
Resident Project Day 2014
Resident Project Day will be held on Wednesday, June 11th at 8:00 a.m. at The Western Centre for Public Health and Family Medicine. Please join us for a day of oral presentations and research posters.
Project Type Selection
You will be asked to prepare a poster presentation or an oral presentation. After your research supervisor has approved your finalized project, you will submit a submission form that asks for your preference for presentation type at Resident Project Day. Preferences are taken into consideration but spaces are limited and you might be assigned to a specific type of presentation.
Project Day Awards
Faculty will evaluate all Resident Projects and prizes will be awarded for:
- Best Oral Presentation
- Best Poster Presentation
If your presentation does not meet these requirements, you will NOT be eligible for Resident Project Day awards.
Poster Presentation Requirements
- Poster must be 3 feet wide x 4 feet tall (portrait) or 4 feet wide x 3 feet tall (landscape).
- Click here for poster templates you might wish to use.
- Poster can be presented in black and white or colour
- Poster must have the Schulich and Western logos. Click here for logos
- Be present at your poster during dedicated breaks on Resident Project Day to respond to the evaluators' questions. Be prepared to give a brief (2 minute overview of your project.
Places to print your poster
- Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry printing services
- Mercury Blueprinting
- Residents completing a poster presentation at Resident Project Day can apply for poster printing reimbursement any time before their final end date. Click here and look under funding to find Department Research Trust fund application
Tip: Save your poster as a PDF before sending off for printing. This will ensure your poster is printed exactly as you want.
Oral Presentation Requirements
Presentation to be sent to the Resident Project Coordinator as least one week prior to Resident Project Day
- Presentation should be no longer than 10 minutes in length
- After the presentation, there will be a 5 minute question and answer period
- Visual presentation should be prepared in PowerPoint
- Click here for powerpoint templates you might wish to use.
- Presentations must have the Schulich and Western logos. Click here for logos
- Click here for tips for preparing your oral presentation
Abstract booklets of previous Resident Project Day years: