Guangyong Zou, PhD
P: 519.661.2111 Ext: 86298
- Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Director of Biostatistics, Alimentiv Inc.
Research Cluster Membership
- Aging & Life-Course Epidemiology
- Chronic Disease & Multimorbidity
- Mental Health
- Biostatistical & Computational Methods
- Epidemiological Observational Studies
- Randomized Controlled Trials
As a biostatistician, I focus on developing and evaluating statistical methods that are useful for medical research, with an emphasis on following substantive areas:
- Cluster randomization trials
- Genomic association studies
- Interobserver agreement and reliability studies
- Health-related quality of life
- Prospective epidemiological studies
- BSc Agronomy, Southwestern College of Agriculture, Chongqing, China
- MSc Soil Science, McGill University, Canada
- MSc Statistics, University of Connecticut, USA
- PhD Plant Science, University of Connecticut, USA
- PhD Biostatistics, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Recent Research Grants
- Statistical methodology for correlated data in health sciences (NSERC)
- Ontario neurodegenerative disease research initiative
- Zou GY (2004). A modified Poisson regression approach to prospective studies with binary data. American Journal of Epidemiology 159: 702-706.
- Zou GY, Donner A (2004). Confidence interval estimation of the intraclass correlation coefficient for binary outcome data. Biometrics 60: 807-811.
- Zou GY, Donner A, Klar N (2005). Group sequential methods for cluster randomization trials with binary outcomes. Clinical Trials 2: 479-487.
- Zou GY, Donner A (2006). The merits of testing Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium in the analysis of unmatched case-control data: A cautionary note. Annals of Human Genetics 70: 923-933.
- Zou GY (2007). Toward using confidence intervals to compare correlations. Psychological Methods 12: 399-413
- Zou GY, Donner A (2008). Construction of Confidence limits about effect measures: A general approach. Statistics in Medicine 27: 1693-1702.
- Zou GY (2008). On the estimation of additive interaction using the four-by-two table and beyond. American Journal of Epidemiology 168: 212-224.
- Zou GY, (2012) Sample size formulas for estimating intraclass correlation coefficients with precision and assurance. Statistics in Medicine 31: 3972-3981
- Zou GY, Donner A (2013) Extension of the modified Poisson regression model to prospective studies with correlated binary data. Statistical Methods in Medical Research 22:630-642.
- Joy TR, Zou GY, Mahon JL (2014). N-of-1 (single-patient) trials for Statin-related myalgia. Annals of Internal Medicine 161: 531—532
- Poirier J, Zou GY, Koval J (2017) Confidence intervals for a difference between lognormal means in cluster randomization trials. Statistical Methods in Medical Research 26:598-614
- Articles in Web of Science