Evelyn Vingilis, PhD
ProfessorP: 519.858.5028 Ext: 2 / (519) 661-2111 Ext. 80247
- Department of Family Medicine
- Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Research Cluster Membership
- Behavioural & Environmental Risk Factors
- Mental Health & Addictions
- Epidemiological Observational Studies
- Health Services Research
- Knowledge Translation
- Program & Policy Evaluation (Leader)
- Health policy.
- Determinants of health.
- Alcohol, drugs, and traffic safety.
- Mental health policy and reform.
- Adolescent health and well-being.
- BSc McMaster University
- MA York University
- PhD York University (Psychology)
Recent Research Grants
- Canada Health Infoway: Mental Health Engagement Network (MHEN) – Connecting Clients with their Health Team. P.I.C. Forchuk. Co-investigators: R. Rudnick, J. Reiss, J. Hoch, M. Petrenko, M. Godin, D. Corring, L. Donnelle, B. Edwards, B. Mitchell, D. Neal, S. Ouseley, E. Vingilis, R. Campbell, R. Norman, B. Osuch. (2011-2014).
- FQRSC-SAAQ-FRSQ: Mécanismes multidimensionnels de la conduit á haute risk. P.I.s T. G. Brown, M.C. Ouimet. Co-investigators: A. Bechara, J. Prussner, L. Nadeau, J. Tremblay, E. Vingilis. (2011-2013)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR): Predicting and understanding patterns of service utilization within children's mental health agencies (3 years). P.I.s J.G. Reid, S.L. Stewart Co-investigators: M. Barwick, J. Carter, B. Evans, A. Leschied, R. Neufeld, J. St. Pierre, J. Tobon, E. Vingilis, G. Zaric. (2010-2014).
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR): Adult ADHD: Exploring gender, symptoms and social outcomes using a population-based survey. P.I. E. Vingilis. Co-investigators: P. Erickson, R. E. Mann, U. Jain, M. Toplak, N. Kolla. (2010-2014).
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC): Examination of effects of automobile advertisements and racing video games on street racing and other risky driving behaviours. P.I. E. Vingilis. Co-investigators: D. Wiesenthal, R. E. Mann, P. Fischer. (2009-2013).
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Strategic Training Initiative in Health Research (STIHR) Program:Transdisciplinary Understanding and Training on Research - Primary Health Care (TUTOR-PHC). P.I. M. Stewart. Co-investigators: L. Bainbridge, M.D. Beaulieu, J.B. Brown, F. Burge, L. Dolovich, D. Dozois, J. Goudreau, J. Haggerty, S. Harris, A. Kothari, L. Lalonde, R. Martin-Misener, C. McWilliam, V. Ramsden, G. Reid, A. Thind, R. Thomas-MacLean, E. Vingilis, S. Watt, S. Wong.(2009-2015).
- Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) AFP Clinical Innovation Fund Award: Implementation and evaluation of a novel practice model for early identification and intervention for mood and anxiety disorders. Co-P.I.s E. Osuch, E. Vingilis. (2009-2012).
- Networks Centres of Excellence of Canada (NCE): AUTO21_-_The_automobile_of_the_21st_century:_renewal (Project Subcommittee- BBB-B4: R. G. Smart, R. Mann, E. Vingilis et al.) (2008-2015).