Kathryn Nicholson, PhD
Adjunct Research Professor
- Quality Improvement and Information Management with the Association of Family Health Teams of Ontario
Research Cluster Membership
- Aging & Life-Course Epidemiology
- Chronic Disease & Multimorbidity (Co-leader)
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Epidemiological Observational Studies
- Health Serivces Research
- Primary health care
- Electronic medical records
- Chronic disease
- Patient-centred care
- Team-based care
- Longitudinal analyses
- BHSc (Honors), MSc (Epidemiology), and PhD (Epidemiology) at Schuilch School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- Nicholson K, Bauer M, Terry A, Fortin M, Williamson T, Thind A. The Multimorbidity Cluster Analysis Toolkit: A Tool for Computational Cluster Analysis in Multimorbidity Research. Journal of Innovation in Health Informatics 2017; 24(4): 339 – 343.
- Fortin M, Almirall J, Nicholson K. Development of a Research Tool to Document Self-Reported Chronic Conditions in Primary Care. Journal of Comorbidity 2017; 7(1): 117 – 123.
- Seth P, Abu-Abed MI, Kapoor V, Nicholson K, Agarwal G. Email Between Patient and Provider: Assessing the Attitudes and Perspectives of 624 Primary Health Care Patients. Journal of Medical Internet Research Medical Informatics 2016; 4(4): e42 – e49.
- Nicholson K, Terry AL, Fortin M, Williamson T, Bauer M, Thind A. Examining the Prevalence and Patterns of Multimorbidity in Canadian Primary Healthcare: A Methodologic Protocol Using a National Electronic Medical Record Database. Journal of Comorbidity 2015; 5: 150 – 161.
- Nicholson K, Terry A, Fortin M, Williamson T, Thind A. Understanding Multimorbidity in Primary Health Care: The Challenge and Necessity of a Pan-Canadian Electronic Medical Record Database. Sentinel Eye, Canadian Family Physician 2015; 61(10): 918.