Discovery Healthcare Summer Leadership Experience
Program Update: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Discovery Healthcare Summer Camps will not run the summer of 2021. If you have any questions, please contact the office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in 2022.
Applications open in November for student leaders for the Discovery Healthcare Summer Camp Program. This is a paid summer leadership experience working with high school students who are curious about medicine and healthcare careers.
The program runs from June to early August, facilitating a one-week day camp at each of the following sites: Chatham, Leamington, London, Sarnia, Windsor, and Wingham.
- clinical skills - suturing, casting, wound dressing, stethoscope, and SIM intubations
- clinical exposure and workshops with nurses, physicians, allied healthcare professionals
- mock disasters and wilderness medicine
- teaching social determinants of health
- fun team-building activities and hands-on case-based learning
Leadership applications are currently closed