In order to be eligible for admission to the ITD Program, applicants must send in all the following supporting documents upon completing and submitting the online Application Form. Applications with documentation incomplete will not be considered.
A non-refundable administrative fee of $275.00 CAD paid by certified cheque or money order, made payable to Western University Schulich Dentistry.
Original or notarized copies of your degree/diploma and your official transcripts from a minimum four-year university dental program bearing the original seal and signature of the notary or notary public. Degrees/diplomas and transcripts that are not in English must be submitted with an original certified translation bearing the original seal and signature of the translator. A notarized copy of a notarized copy is not accepted.
Proof of Permanent Resident Status or Canadian Citizenship is required. Provide a notarized copy of your valid permanent resident card, Canadian passport or Record of Landing/Confirmation of Permanent Residence that verifies your status.
Photocopy or web page printout of your Assessment of Fundamental Knowledge (AFK) examination results*, offered by the National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB). For registration, please see the NDEB website.
*Only AFK examinations written within the past 3 years will be accepted. Valid test dates for 2019 application will be: February 2016, August 2016, February 2017, August 2017, February 2018, August 2018, and February 2019. Tests taken prior to February 2016 will not be considered. A minimum score of 75% is required.**
A notarized photocopy or original score report from a TOEFL or an IELTS English language test*. Test results are valid for 2 years from the date of the exam.
All applicants must complete an English language test with the following exception: Applicants who have successfully completed four (4) years of full-time Canadian high school education in English. Notarized transcripts showing the above must be submitted.
- TOEFL (iBT): A minimum total score of 88 is required with a minimum of 20 in each of the following sections: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing. TOEFL DI Code for 'University of Western Ontario - Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry' is 8956; or
- IELTS (Academic version): A minimum Overall Band Score of 6.5 is required with no band lower than 6.0 in each of the four sections.
* Please register for your English test well in advance if taking the optional 2019 Canadian Dental Clinical Skills - PLA Prep Course starting in January. The latest 2019 test date for which results will be accepted is March 16, 2019.
If documents are submitted with a name other than that shown on the Application Form, proof of name change must be included in the form of a notarized copy, i.e. marriage certificate or Change-of-Name Order issued by an Ontario Court Judge or by another court of competent jurisdiction.
A resume summarizing your Dental Education, your Professional Dental Experience, any Continuing Dental Education courses, and other Additional Information, such as awards, publications, affiliations, etc. See sample resume format below.
A passport-size colour photo stapled to your resume.
- Download a printable checklist (PDF, 795KB) Revised September 5 2018
- Download a sample resume format (DOC, 40KB) Posted January 28 2016