Talent Management Conference
2019 Talent Management & Leadership Development Conference: Time for Transition and Transformation
Location: Best Western Lamplighter Inn and Conference Centre, Regency Ballroom A/B
591 Wellington Road, South, London
Date: Friday, February 8, 2019 [Registration will be available beginning at 8:00 a.m.]
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. [lunch to follow]
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Carol Herbert, MD CCFP FCFP FCAHS, Professor emerita, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
Registration is now closed.
For event inquirie(s) please contact:
Kay Hickey, Project Coordinator, Office Faculty Affairs
519 661-2111 x88867
Target Audience & Cost
This event is offered at no charge for:
- Schulich Medicine & Dentistry faculty members, residents, decanal leaders, directors, and managers of administration and finance;
- Faculty of Health Sciences faculty members;
- London hospital physicians, basic scientists, dentists and midwives.
For questions about the 2019 Conference, please contact Kay Hickey, Office of Faculty Affairs.
What is Talent Management?
Talent Management is the process of defining future leadership requirements in terms of critical roles and competencies for the future success of the business. Talent Management is also:
- identifying, attracting, developing and retaining a pool of talent that meets these requirements;
- assessing, developing and retaining the organization's current talent;
- recruiting additional talent to meet the leadership needs of the organization;
- ensuring a steady flow of qualified leaders.
What is the Talent Management Conference?
The Talent Management Conference is an annual gathering of health care professionals who are engaged in the development of:
- competencies in oneself and in others;
- self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- communication and engagement skills;
- collaborative relationships, coalitions and strategic partnerships;
- the abilities to innovate and inspire;
- transformation and leadership skills.
Previous conference themes:
- 2012: Effective Leaders in a Changing Health Care Environment
- 2014: Building the Leadership Culture: Next Steps
- 2015: Strategies to Become Effective Leaders
- 2016: Building Collaborative Relationships, Coalitions and Strategic Partnerships
- 2017: Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
- 2018: Inspire, Innovate, Integrate, Implement
Talent Management Program at London Health Sciences Centre and St Joseph's Health Care London.