Workshop: Developing Your Academic Social Media Presence
Social media is changing the way many academics share their scholarship, engage with the public, build new networks and advocate for change.
Why should you use social media in a professional capacity?
- Connect and engage with your community and networks
- Discover and learn, stay informed
- Develop your health and science communication skills
- Advocate for change
- Raise awareness and educate external audiences about your area(s) of expertise
- Build your professional reputation
- Position yourself as a leader in your field
This workshop will answer your questions about social media, give you insights on how to integrate social media into your academic work and share tips and best practices.
Facilitators: Emily Leighton, Communications Specialist, and Crystal Mackay, Senior Media Relations Officer
The workshop will include a panel discussion. Hear from faculty members about their experiences and how they are using social media in their work.
- Understand your professional goals for social media
- Choose the right platform and tools
- Create effective and engaging content
- Incorporate scientific storytelling
Additional dates coming for Winter/Spring 2020