Biochemistry students win awards at London Health Research Day 2016
The London Health Research Day took place on 29 March 2016 and featured poster and platform research presentations from Schulich's graduate trainees. Congratulations to the following students who won awards at the event:
- Nileeka Balasuriya - Award to present at Canadian Student Health Research Forum (CSHRF) 2016 in Winnipeg, Manitoba*
- Amy Burke - Award for Top Written Abstract in Endocrinology and Metabolism category
- Safee Mian - Feature Platform Presentation Award
- Megan Rowland - Award for Top Written Abstract in Fetal, Family, and Development category
* Nileeka received an Award to present at the CSHRF in recognition of the excellence of her research and her ability to clearly communicate her research to the community. The CSHRF is an annual event at the University of Manitoba's Medical School Campus and brings together the top 5% of PhD students (~300-350) who are training at Canada's 17 medical schools. This event provides an opportunity for early networking of Canada's top young biomedical researchers. The Award covers Nileeka's travel and accommodation expenses.