Diversity & Social Accountability
In keeping with our shared Mission and Values and based on the principles of social accountability, we have adopted a definition of social accountability that balances our specific Southwestern Ontario context with global principles. Based on this definition we have chosen the following for our social accountability statement:
The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry commits to improving health in Southwestern Ontario through clinical service, advocacy, research and education activities that are responsive to the needs of the people and communities we serve. We acknowledge and embrace our provincial, national and global health care responsibilities. We deliver on these commitments in an environment of respect and compassion, in which diverse needs and abilities are supported and valued.
The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry provides outstanding education within a research-intensive, distributed learning environment where tomorrow’s physicians, dentists, researchers and other scholars learn to be socially responsible leaders in the advancement of human health locally, regionally and globally.
- Social responsibility and accountability
- Innovation and scientific excellence in all that we do
- Learning experiences which foster academic leadership, critical inquiry and a passion for life-long learning
- Compassionate, patient- and family-centred care
- Collaboration and partnership (Strategic Plan 2011-21)
To deliver on this vision we will commit to: